Vision impaired / blind adventurers are invited to join Ranquilco for the trip of a lifetime. If youʼre seeking a world beyond the familiar, this is for you!
In March of 2014, T.A. Carrithers will lead three blind riders for a 10-day pack trip into the heart of the Andean Cordillera, Argentina. The trip will include: a 3-night stay at Estancia Ranquilcoʼs lodge where the riders, guides and horses will prepare for the journey ahead; 10 days of trail riding and wilderness camping; an additional 2-night, post-trail recovery stage at the Estancia lodge. Horses, pack-mules, food + gear will be supplied, and each blind / visually impaired guest will have his/her personal guide. Pack trip and travel costs to/from Argentina are covered.
This epic, horse-powered trek will become the subject of a movie, called Blind Spot. A vision quest documentary, Blind Spot defies the conventional views on blindness to chronicle an inspirational journey of self-discovery, in search of what we see, what we canʼt see, and what we overlook.
See more at http://ranquilco.com/index.php/trips/blind-spot/
Selection criteria for the visually-impaired / blind riders:
– The invitation is open to blind / visually-impaired women + men (must be over 18)
– Prior horseback riding or camping experience is not necessary
– Average fitness level and tolerance for unpredictable weather is preferred
– Must be available to travel to Argentina for 3 – 4 weeks in March of 2014
Share your story with us:
– Please write a brief message (+/- 150 words), or send us a video or audio recording (+/- 1 minute) that expresses your passion for joining this adventure. Weʼd love to learn what you hope to discover on the trail, what you want to bring home, and what you might leave behind…
– Deadline for entries: December 1, 2013.
For more information, or to submit your story, please contact us:
For more information about the film, please go to: blindspotfilm.com