Guide Dogs Victoria will be bringing the much anticipated Dialogue in the Dark™ exhibition to Melbourne in 2017.
Dialogue in the Dark™ is an interactive sensory exhibition that facilitates visitors experiencing daily living without sight. The exhibition will simulate iconic locations and experiences of Melbourne and is undertaken in complete darkness. Visitors are guided through the exhibition by a Guide who has low vision or who is blind. Through this encounter, visitors find a new appreciation for the unique skills of people with a disability, and reflect on their own personal value systems, attitudes and behaviours.
Guide Dogs Victoria are now recruiting for up to 20 Guides for the exhibition on a casual or part time basis. This role will be primarily responsible for guiding tour groups through the exhibition and providing an enjoyable, educational and professional experience for all patrons.
Requirements for this role:
We are looking for individuals who are blind or have low vision and have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills, good grammar and enunciation with experience in giving presentations or guiding large groups is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of a second language will be highly regarded
- Empathetic communicator with the ability to see things from another person’s point of view
- Good mobility and white cane skills
- Sufficiently mobile with high level of acceptance of their vision impairment / loss
- Able to manage the physical demands and requirements of the job (applicants are required to walk and stand for at least 1 and a half hour periods while conducting tours)
- A satisfactory background check (including a National and International Police Check and Working With Children Check)
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) should be emailed to email@example.com
All candidates will receive a copy of the Position Description upon receipt of application being received.