The purpose of this page is to provide employment information and support to people who are blind or vision impaired.
The following information is available from this site:
Blind Citizens Australia Employment Policy Suite
On 11 December 2012, we launched our employment policy suite, which provides resources for recruiters, employers, disability employment service (DES) providers, Government as an employer and how the Australian Government can work to meet their national and international obligations.
- Hello Recruiters (Word doc)
- Hello Employers (Word doc)
- Hello Disability Employment Service (DES) providers (Word doc)
- Government as an Employer (Word doc)
- How the Australian Government can meet their national and international obligations (Word doc)
We have also created a series of factsheets which challenge assumptions about what people who are blind or vision impaired can do, bust myths, provide guidance on legal blindness and how people who are blind access information and where you can get more information.
- Have you checked your assumptions? (Word doc)
- Busting those myths (Word doc)
- What does the term legal blindness mean? (Word doc)
- Reading information as a person who is blind? (Word doc)
- What Australian and international law say about disability – the law and guidelines (Word doc)
- And now to some useful links (Word doc)
All of the above documents are also available in large print, braille, audio and on data CD.
See our list of jobs that people who are blind or vision impaired have held.
If you also wish to provide details about your employment experiences or act as a contact point, please complete the employment profile questionaire
Please continue to view this page for updates.
Employment Profiles Feedback
If you wish to send in your feedback on this site, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org