2017 is a National Convention year and we need your help to make it the best yet! The Convention will be held in Melbourne over the weekend of 13 to 15 October. Venue details are still to be finalised. There are plenty of ways to get involved, so read on.
Join the Convention Programming Committee
Join with other BCA members to help build a stimulating, informative and inclusive Convention program. While we will need to have some committee members who are Melbourne-based, we also welcome members from other states. We will be looking to ensure the committee is as diverse and inclusive as possible. So unfortunately we may not be able to accept everyone who expresses interest.
Meetings will be held at least once a month and you will need to be able to take on a share of the workload between meetings. To express your interest, please send an E-mail to email@example.com with “Convention Programming Committee” in the subject line. Your E-mail should include:
- Your name
- The state you reside in
- A couple of paragraphs telling us what you will bring to the committee and why you’d like to be involved.
Or you can call the office on 1800 033 660 and we can record your response for you. The closing date for expressions of interest is Friday 17 March.
Help with Convention Logistics
If things like catering, social functions and creating a family-friendly event are more your style, we also want to hear from you. We are looking for people to assist with various logistical tasks, so please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “Convention Logistics” in the subject line or call 1800 033 660 and let us know how you can help by Friday 17 March.
Other Ways to Have Your Voice Heard
Committees are not everybody’s idea of a good time, but there are plenty of other ways you can contribute. Here are a few suggestions:
- Tell us what topics you would like to see on this year’s program. You can send your suggestions to email@example.com with “Convention Ideas” in the subject line. Or call the office on 1800 033 660 and give us your suggestions. We welcome any and all suggestions, even if they are new and different from what we have done in the past. While there is no closing date for your ideas, the sooner you get them to us, the better, before the program fills up.
- Assist as a volunteer or invite a friend or family member to do so. More information on volunteering opportunities will follow later, but this is just to get you thinking.
- Pitch a session to us. Perhaps you have an idea for a session which you could deliver. Please let us know and we will pass your details on to the programming committee for consideration. Please note that BCA does not pay speakers.
- Give us your ideas for fundraising and sponsorship. If you know of companies who could support the Convention or have ideas for raising funds, we would love to hear them. Please contact the office to share your suggestions.
So as you can see, there are many ways you can work with us to build BCA’s best National Convention yet. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
We look forward to hearing from you. Our contact details are below for easy reference:
Phone: 1800 033 660