Are you a job seeker or thinking about looking for work? If so, CAVI’s brand new employment course may be just the help you need.
This course is no ordinary employment course. We understand that there is more to getting a job than your resume, cover letter, and interview.
This course is taught by blind people who have been successful in both specialty blindness and mainstream employment. The course will run for 8-10 weeks depending on student needs and will include the following topics and activities:
- Motivations for work
- The three traits we have found make getting a job much easier and how to develop these
- Basic skills and knowledge to put in place when beginning a job search including networking and problem solving
- The job search
- Writing easy attractive resumes and cover letters
- Interviewing skills including how to help put employers at ease
- A mock interview from real hiring personnel through leadership WA as well as feedback on resumes and cover letters
- Discussions on transitioning into the workplace including fitness, sleep, and socialization
This course will be delivered online and will meet once a week for approximately 2 hours starting in February 2015.
The cost is $100. As with all courses run by the Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired you will also gain access to a community of students and instructors to network with, even after you have graduated.
If you would like more information or to apply please visit CISCO Employment Course info